Friday, March 13, 2015

3rd Quarter Blog Reflective

          This quarter has been a very crazy one because we've had a ton of testing and on that homework and extra circular activities! Out of the books that I have read this quarter my favorite book that I have read would have to be the book "Schooled. I think this because throughout the book you see different perspectives from different people. I think the area in lit/la that I had a huge improvement was with my choice of diction. I think this because for example instead of using words like confused I now use words like discombobulated or befuddled. Something that I have accomplished this new year was finally having a huge role in the musical called "Bugsy Malone". Now in the musical I do not have a lot of dialogue but I do have my own solo song and in that song I need to pronounce the word very loud and dramatic.

          In the 40 book challenge I am pretty far I believe I am at 23 books and counting. To meet the 40 book requirement I will start reading two books at a time. The most challenging part of the 3rd quarter was probably managing a bunch of clubs with schoolwork. I think this because I was booked solid with extra circular activities and on top of that I had to manage doing homework which was very difficult but manageable. I think that my blogs are definitely improving because of the length of my writing and the choice of diction is good.

          Some strategies that have been beneficial to me is studying on quizlet. This quarter was really crazy and I ended up studying everything on quizlet because it is really good and easy to use. In the world I have learned that sometimes people aren't the nicest and that sometimes that may need a hand and we need to offer them that hand. My research skills have improved a lot from researching background knowledge for our AOW'S that we receive mostly every week. I think that this quarter will definitely be one to remember and I look forward for more quarters that come our way.

1 comment:

  1. I love 'Schooled' as well! Have you read other books by Gordon Korman? Please make sure that you reread for run-ons.

    ReplyDelete