Monday, May 23, 2016

This I believe speech

"Being Good Won't be Good Enough"

I don't consider myself to be the best. I think that knowing I'm good at something will only make me narcissistic and also prevent me from wanting to improve. Therefore, I believe that you can always grow.

Last year in the spring, I had just received my first main role in the district musical, which I was very proud of. Flash forward to this past November when I auditioned for a school called Chicago High School for the Arts. I had confidence because of my past role in the musical, however, when I got there my confidence began to fade because of other student’s talent. At first I was afraid, but after awhile the confidence came. The next thing I knew, I found myself standing in front of four judges auditioning.

As of now, I am proud to say that this fall I will be attending ChiArts.  I now know that I am not the most talented person out there in the world nor am I the worst. However, I do think that with the right training I can turn my goals into a reality.

I think that with hard work and determination that I can grow, but I will never be done growing. With anything we do we can always improve; it just takes determination. Growing won’t always be easy but you have to always make an effort. I believe we can all grow, it just takes determination to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment