Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Final Reflection

Prompt:
1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?


The three most imprtant things that I have learned this school year are how to try your best. I learned this mainly because at first I thought I could just float by without trying. I later learned that I can't do this because this class requires a lot of thinking and I now realize that I have to try. I think that another important thing was that when talking try to use vocab words. This method really helped me learn vocab words quicker. The last thing I found really important was to read a lot more. I realized that I had to read more over break and at first out of laziness I wouldn't. Once I was maybe 40 pages into a book I found the need to continue reading the book.

Something we did this year that I will definantly remember for life would probably be the To Kill A Mockingbird feast. I will remember this for a while because the class as a whole was able to try different foods and we had fun. I will remember this because it was the first time I had ever tried collard greens and I liked them. Another reason why I will remember this is because it was a huge reward from reading everyday at times 30 pages while annotating. I made a really good friend at the feast (Mariza) so this feast will definantly be remembered throughout my life.

The nicest thing someone has done for me this year was keep me posted on what was going on in class. The person who kept me posted was Rebecca. Rebecca really helped me the week of the musical because I was gone and she made sure to remind me of what we had for homework. I really appreciated this because not only was I able to complete my Tuesday's with Morrie project but I also knew what we had for homework and I had general idea of what we did in class.

Something the class taught Mrs. Larson was what "Salty" meant. If you don't know what it means is it's when your basically angry or jealous at someone or something.

I feel like I made the biggest improvements in vocabulary this year. I feel like I made the biggest improvement in this section because for the most part I received mainly threes and fours. I personally think that vocabulary test have been really easy this year because I study everywhere, for example the park. What I do to do this is pullout out my phone and use quizlet to study. I think that quizlet is what helped me and I use this to study for any test because it's really easy to use. I am proud that I was able to accomplish my goal of growing a lot on my MAP scores for reading. This really goes to show that if you focus in class you can grow and improve.

The most challenging part of the year for me is definantly writing. This was challenging for me because when I write I tend to not re-read what I wrote so instead of checking for run-ons I leave them behind. I will definantly start rereading what I write that way I can ensure I am making sense. I now know that for future I will definantly be rereading anything I write to check for spelling errors etc.


The best piece of writing I did was the Argumenitve research paper. This was the best piece of writing because the paper was very professional sounding and I used good sources to help support my claim. I think that this piece of writing did have flaws and it wasn't perfect however I'm proud to say I wrote it. One problem I had with the paper was the citation section so I have to make sure for future pieces of writing that the formatting is good.

Of the books I've read this year my favorite book would have to be To Kill A Mockingbird. This is my favorite book mainly because the book taught me life lessons that are very relevant today in our society. Another reason why I really enjoyed the book is because the characters were very funny and just the storyline was very interesting. I think that the characters were relatable in different ways. I think I can relate to the most would have to be Jem because he looks after his sister a lot just like how I look after my younger cousins.

Advice that I would give students coming into this class next year would probably be to do your work. I  give future students this advice because if you don't do one assignment on time your going to have hard time doing the rest. Another piece of advice I would give future students is to manage your time wisely. If you get home at 3:45 I would suggest doing your work right away. I think that once you get your work done earlier the more free timre you have to do things you like out of school. My last piece of advice would be to have fun. Your in this class because Mrs. Larson sees you have potential to do great things and I know the class is stressful at times but trust me it pays off. The amont of work Mrs. Larson gives us is the help prepare us for high school and it will pay off. Finally since this is my last blog that I will write on this account I would like to say, good luck to anyone who has the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment