Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Morrie Aphorism Project

Prompt:

1. Explain the Aphorism in Detail. What was Morrie's main message?
2.Relate the Aphorism to a movie, song, historical event, current event, personal experince, etc. and explain in detail how the example you have chosen relates to the Aphorism.
3. Evaluate the Aphorism by explaining why you agree/disagree with it. Give specific reasons for your position and specific evidence from the text to support your position.
4. Take a picture of your Aphorism to use as your graphic.
5. Include your own Aphorism regarding life.

The Aphorism "Once you learn how to die you learn how to live" (P.82) is a message that basically says once you realize that you are dying you start to care more about your life. Morrie was trying to express to Mitch that to start appreciating things in life because once there gone they are gone forever. I think that Morrie was trying to express to Mitch that since Morrie knows he is going to die that now he is appreciating things more and is trying to live his life to the fullest that he can.

I can relate this Aphorism to when my mom and I moved out of my grandmas house to our own. This event is similar because when my mom and I moved out my grandma renovated the house and so when I look at photos I realize how I miss the old house. I think that if I had known that  my grandma was going to have the house renovated that I would start to cherish the house more because I essentially grew up in that house.

I personally agree with this Aphorism mainly because I think that if we knew we were going to die I think we all would try to live our lives to the fullest with the time that we have left. On page 82 it says "...no one really believes they're going to die." this quote to me is expressing that at times we think we are invincible and that we can do anything. To me this shows how we are so caught up in the news and whats in that we forget to even try to live our lives to the fullest.

My Aphorism:

"Every day that you are living is a day closer to your death"

The message for this Aphorism is that to live your life to the fullest while you still can. I think that everyday that you don't do something that you enjoy or that makes you happy is a day wasted. I think that if you aren't living a happy life then you should change that because in the end its up to you to change your life. Most people would think that because of this Aphorism that I am a very sad person but I mean this in a good way because if you were spend your last day on Earth sitting down and making a puzzle for example would you be happy with how you ended your day. I think that unless you really liked making puzzles then you would be pretty unhappy because why would you want people or yourself remember your last day on Earth doing something you don't enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment