Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Help Blog #2

Book: The Help
Pages read: 303 - 464 (end)
Prompt: Do you like what you're reading? Why or why not?

          I personally think that the book "The Help" is one of the best books I have probably read. I think this because the book was filled with excitement and it was also filled with a ton of risks. The book was very sad at the end and made me cry but it was still very good. The reason why I cried was because Abilene had gotten fired because Hilly wanted to be rude. Abilene had this very strong relationship with her boss's daughter and when Abilene got fired the daughter started crying and then everyone felt bad except for Hilly of course. Therefore because of this I feel like the book was amazing because you wouldn't expect that because everyone ended off happy accept of Abilene who soon retired.

          The book "The Help" I think was also good because the book didn't end happy for all and made you sentimental which really made me like the book. In the end of the book "Skeeter" ends up moving on with her life and went to go pursue her dream. To know that they told us this first really made the story end well for her. "Minny Jackson" ended her story well as well because Celia told her husband about her being her maid and he was cool about it and then Celia made a big feast for them all to enjoy. I liked this because it shows how not all people were ruthless at the time.

          I finally liked this book because the movie was exactly the same minus some things but mainly the whole story line was the same. I think that the casting for the movie was amazing and almost what I envisioned. The characters were right on of what I mostly envisioned however I expected the setting to be a bit more green and not have as much dirt. I think that it was cool to see it all play off and how the characters actually looked. I definitely would recommend this book to any person who likes realistic books.

No comments:

Post a Comment