Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Reflection

Forever
"Forever we remain oblivious to the future,
lost to the past and enduring our torture.
Forever we take chances to settle our scores,
losing some battles and winning some wars.
Forever praying out loud hoping someone will hear,
forever crying softly but never shedding a tear.
Forever exists behind a disguise,
but the belief in forever keeps our hearts alive."


This poem is by Terri Nicole Tharrington

          This poem is about how you can always say that forever about something but in the end we just say that so we don't get hurt in the end. I liked this poem because it has a lot of good diction and it has a very interesting topic. I like how it helps you realize that you should always take time to realize that everything is temporary and to love what we have while we have it. 

          I think that some people can relate to this because some people have had a loved one lost recently and sometimes we wish that we can have that one last second with them before the die. Me personally I sometimes get scared that one of my loved one might die and I know I shouldn't think that but I sometimes just cant resist but to out of fear.

          I liked this poem because I felt as if it was powerful, I know there are 1,000 other powerful poems but to me this one spoke to me (it caught my eye). I love how everyone is different and how we can look at people for different reasons. I feel as if this helps with the poem because I would want to be recognized when I am dead for something great. I want to be known and I will forever wan that throughout my life.

1 comment: