Thursday, April 28, 2016

Inspirational Tuesday

Pages Read: 0-152
Prompt:Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. On your blog discuss the importance of this topic with your own opinions, including textual evidence (direct quotes) from the book. 

Throughout the book Tuesday's with Morrie one of the most inspirational "Tuesday's" so far has been the one about feeling sorry for yourself. This is one of the most inspirational Tuesday's so far mainly because throughout the chapter they talk about how it's natural to feel bad for yourself, it doesn't necessarily make you egotistical. I think that I tend to feel bad for myself mainly because it's only me and my mom. I know it's natural but sometimes I say wow I hate my life but do I really, yes/no. I think that sometimes we say these things just to help compensate for the things you lost but in the long run life moves on.

Another reason why this Tuesday has inspired me so much is because in the book it says "I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life." (P.57). This quote to me really inspires me because instead of always focusing on the negatives we should focus on the positives. There are so many negative things in life that we begin to focus on them only when there are so many things we should be happy about. 

One more reason why I think that this quote is really inspiring is because if you focus on negatives more you start to become a negative person. Once you hit that people wont really like you because no one likes negative vibes. I think that the more kind and positive you are the better and happier your life will be. However I think that it can be hard to be a positive person at times because sometimes life is hard but it is up to you to try and make it better.






No comments:

Post a Comment