Friday, April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection

3rd Quarter Reflection
4/8/16

I think that one of the biggest improvements I have made this quarter is reading a lot more and being more proactive. I think that this is one of my biggest improvements because I have read four books this quarter versus last quarter two books. I think that this is very beneficial for the future because I have been understanding books more and looking for things such as theme. This will definitely benefit me in the future because I am getting a head start on future things that I will be doing in high school.
The books that I have read this quarter include, "Girls Drums and Dangerous Pie", "Oliver", "After Ever After" , and "The Green Glass Sea". The book "The Green Glass Sea" I read at the library in one day so I'm pretty proud to say I finished that book because it's a decent sized book.

Something that I have accomplished that I am proud of is reading 20 books this year. I am really proud of this because it's means I'm half way to accomplishing the 40 book challenge. I think that this goes to show that if you want to accomplish something you just have to put your mind to it. Throughout the process of reading 20 books I have started to find new writing techniques, and I have expanded my horizons because believe me if I could only read John Green books I would. However instead of doing this I found new books and started reading different genres and finding new authors that I really enjoy reading from.

The most challenging part of 3rd quarter for me would probably be time management. Time management was a huge problem for me because at times I would want to read for battle of the books however I had to go to practice etc. In the end I was able to read my books however I did this in a bit of a hurry. Sometimes I would say "Oh I will do this tomorrow and hold it off for a week. This was really bad because I held back my team a bit however I broke out of the habit because I realized I was only making it worse for myself because I'm building up stress the more I hold it off. My goal for next quarter is to be more persistent with my reading and to not procrastinate which is hard to do but with some dedication I think that I will be able to overcome this challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment