Sunday, January 11, 2015

The first time I...

The first time I...

Prompt:When was the last time you did something for the first time?

          The last time I did something new for the first time was when I went to the music store and I had bought a song from the store to play at home on my flute. I had never gone shopping for music so looking for music was very tricky, looking for the perfect song that works for both level and skill of playing the instrument was very hard. Luckily I managed to succeed and I found the perfect song.
          The book that I had bought which featured various songs was called Wicked. Now you may know Wicked from Broadway, but the music is very challenging. When trying to play the song alone while not being accompanied by the other instruments its hard to tell if you should play soft or to play very dramatic. Now I know to always be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

          Because of this learning experience I now know how to pick out the right music for me to play. I now know 3 of the songs and I am proud that I learned to play all alone. People who are looking to by music to play should definitely  keep in mind of what they can play and what they can not. No matter if its to easy or to hard always strive to accomplish what is ahead and never look back.        

No comments:

Post a Comment