Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Berlin Memorial Activity Blog

Berlin memorial activity blog
2/3/16

          During the Berlin memorial activity what I learned was how many things were taken away from Jewish people through the years of 1933-1945. Some things that were taken away from the Jews were their jobs. Since the Jews lost their jobs their was no income meaning people didn't have much money. The Jews gradually as time went on lost about everything, the Jews had lost not only their jobs but some necessities they needed to have to stay alive such as milk and eggs. The Jew had also lost some ways that they would be entertained or ways that they would be able to have fun like going to a pool or going to see an opera.

          I think that the monument was built to teach younger people learning about the holocaust that this was real and some of the laws etc. I also think that this monument was built to help commemorate all of the people who died during the holocaust considering how Berlin is the capital and thats were most of the laws were made and the decisions that Hitler made were also made there.

           A pattern that I noticed with the laws are that each of them have one huge thing happening in the same year which could potentially change or affect the laws that came out. I think that Hitler mainly started to slowly strip away rights from the Jews slowly because he didn't want to make it look like he hated them out of no where. I noticed that in the year 1933 Hitler joined so when he first came in he wanted to show how he would become powerful so he striped the Jews of SOME rights.

          I think that something that would be hard for me to deal with is the law on Animals saying how any Jewish person couldn't own any pets. I think this because personally my dog is the love of my life. I feel like if someone were to take it away I would be really sad and mad because its mine so why would you take it away? I mean it could be worse for example the Nazi's taking away my family members or taking me away however it is kind of similar in away because
both for me are family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment