Sunday, March 6, 2016

After Ever After Blog 2-6-16

Prompt: Why did you chose this to read? Give at least three reasons why.

          One of the reasons why I chose to read After Ever After was because of the author of the book who is Jordan Sonnenblick. Jordan Sonnenblick has wrote other books that I personally really like such as, Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie, and, Notes from The Midnight Driver. I really like his books because they are very realistic and tackle things that are relatable like trying to fit in and making huge mistakes. I think that we can all in someway relate to characters in his books because they are all realistic books and some of the things you might be going through or maybe you know someone going through the same things that the character is going through.

Spoiler...


          In the book Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie the main character Steven has to deal with his younger brother Jeffery and his whole life being changed. The reason why I am brining this up is because I didn't at first notice that After Ever After is the next book and that in this book Jeffery no longer has cancer and now he is trying to live a normal life. The similarities between both his older and younger brother are noticeable however they do differ a bit. The reason why I wanted to read this book was to find connections and see how his life ends up because the thought of having cancer is very sad and I want to see if he would get it back or not and if he would truly live happily ever after.

Everything is good...

          The final reason why I chose to read this book was because my cousin recommended it to me and gave me a speech on how it was very inspirational. My cousin told me how the book would help you learn to appreciate the things you have and to live day by day. I find myself to have a lot of anxiety at times due to the fact of trying to be perfect, and I would stress myself out on trying so hard that I would grow anxiety. This book helped teach me in a way that it's okay to just be you and don't try to be something that you aren't because then you would be missing out on yourself. In the end you are who you are and you shouldn't change for anyone or anything and no mater what happens you have to keep on moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment